Friday 25 May 2007





A bit of a leap of an update here. The face is now complete and I should be able to speed through the body to have this complete by the end of the day.

I like to set myself targets as to when a drawing should be finished. Many artists avoid this, believing that a drawing should take as long as it takes. I totally agree with this, but have got to the stage where I can gauge roughly how long a drawing will take before commencement - I then set a target slightly shorter than that time. This way, I am forced to spend more time drawing that I otherwise would.

This one should be done within 3 days of starting, which will give it about 25 hours (fairly standard for my Puppy Collection). When I have done these without targets, they have often taken a week - a lot of procrastinating goes on!

No comments: